Education FAQs 2023
What are the dates and venues of the 2023 Education programs?
Primary Schools Days:
- Tuesday 23 May, The Concourse Concert Hall, Chatswood
- Wednesday 24 May, Sydney Town Hall
- Thursday 25 May Riverside Theatres, Parramatta
- Friday 26 May The Pavilion Performing Arts Centre, Sutherland | NEW VENUE
- Monday 29 May Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, Penrith
- Tuesday 30 May, Sydney Town Hall
Secondary Schools Days:
- Monday 22 May, The Concourse, Chatswood
- Tuesday 23 May, Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, Penrith
- Wednesday 24 May, The Pavilion Performing Arts Centre, Sutherland | NEW VENUE
- Thursday 25 May, Sydney Town Hall
- 2023 program to be announced in February 2023.
How do I book tickets?
Please see the:
- Primary School Days online booking form
- Secondary School Days online booking form
- Student Sessions online booking form to be provided
How do I make a payment?
Instructions are included on the initial invoice sent to you once your booking is confirmed. Options include:
- Pay via credit card – please follow the instructions on your invoice carefully. If you wish to pay by credit card over the phone, please call our Box Office team on (02) 9256 4200, quoting your reference number.
- Pay via EFT bank transfer – Westpac | BSB 032 100 | Account No 143312. Once paid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your EFT confirmation/remittance advice quoting your reference number.
- Pay via EdConnect – please refer to your invoice for guidance. PO numbers must be provided.
- Pay via CEO (Catholic Education Office) – please refer to your invoice for guidance. PO numbers must be provided.
Where do I find information about COVID Safety?
Sydney Writers' Festival and the Education venues are following all NSW Government health guidelines and all safety procedures will be in line with NSW Government health guidelines on the day of the event. Please see the current government guidelines. Schools will be issued information about COVID Safe policies ahead of their event.
If you have any queries, please contact our customer service team on (02) 9256 4200 or email email@example.com.
This is an evolving environment and we will continue to update our procedures as necessary.
Is there a minimum number of students I need to book for?
There’s no minimum booking.
My school has an ICSEA value under 1000, how many free tickets can I book to Sydney Town Hall (for Primary School Days or Secondary School Days)?
There is a maximum of 60 free tickets per school to Sydney Town Hall.
How do I book my complimentary teacher tickets?
For every 20 student tickets purchased, you are entitled to one complimentary teacher ticket. Please select these when you are booking via the online booking form.
Please note, this does not apply to schools with an ICSEA value under 1000, for which all teacher tickets are complimentary.
What year groups are the Education programs suitable for?
- Primary School Days is best suited to Years 3–6.
- Secondary School Days is best suited to Years 7–10.
- Student Sessions is best suited to Years 9–12 (2023 program announced in February 2023)
If you have any questions about which program your students should attend, please contact our customer service team on (02) 9256 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My students have access requirements. Who can I speak to?
All Education venues are wheelchair accessible. When you are filling out your booking form, please enter any access requirements. Alternatively, contact our customer service team on (02) 9256 4200 or email email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Can students buy books on the day?
Yes. Books by participating authors will be available for purchase at each event.
Is Sydney Writers' Festival going to photograph/film my students?
Sydney Writers' Festival employs the services of a professional photographer and videographer to record events throughout the Festival. These photos are for archival and marketing purposes. The purchase of a ticket grants implied permission for these photos/footage to be used for the intended purposes. If you, or any students in your care, do not wish to be photographed/filmed, please inform the photographer/videographer at the venue or contact a Festival representative on the day.
Can I get a risk assessment document for visiting the Festival?
The 2023 Primary and Secondary School Days risk assessment will be available on this webpage shortly.
What are the payment terms and conditions?
Primary and Secondary School Days
All Primary School Days bookings must be submitted by Friday 12 May 2023.
All Secondary School Days bookings must be submitted by Friday 12 May 2023.
Bookings made prior to Friday 10 March 2023 will be eligible to pay a 50% holding deposit and should consult their invoice for when payment is due.
Bookings made after Friday 10 March 2023, must be paid in full, 72 hours after receipt of your invoice.
Early payment of invoices is welcomed.
All booking requests are processed in order of receipt. Once processed, you will be sent a tax invoice to confirm your reservation. Any booking change requests must be submitted in writing. Additional seats are subject to availability.
What is your refund policy?
Bookings affected by changes to NSW Health guidelines that prevent excursions from taking place will be fully refunded. All other refund requests will be carefully considered in light of current public health risks and/or changes to your school's internal policy. Refund requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.