The Seymour Centre is located on the corner of City Road and Cleveland Street, Chippendale, and is accessible by the following modes of transport:
The Seymour Centre is a 12-minute walk away from Redfern Station. It is also a short bus ride away from Central and Newtown Stations. Newtown Station is situated on the Inner West Line.
The closest city-bound stop is on City Road (at the University of Sydney); the closest west-bound stop is City Road (before Butlin Avenue); both a three-minute walk away. These stops are serviced by bus routes 352, 370, 422, 423, 426, 428, L23, L28, M30, N10, N30, and N40.
The Shepherd Street multi-story car park is located on the corner of Cleveland and Shepherd Streets. Access to the Seymour Centre is via Level 3 of the car park. There is pay and display parking on the University of Sydney campus, and limited street parking.
There are bike lanes on surrounding streets, and plenty of bike racks on site.
Events At This Venue
- Taking a Stand
- Writers on Writers: Alice Pung discusses John Marsden
- The Untold Stories in Australian History
- PEN Lecture: The War on Journalism – How 9/11 Changed Everything
- Alexis Wright: Tracker
- Sam Dastyari: One Halal of a Story
- Media in Full Colour
- Stella Prize: Brilliant Careers
- Merit Over Mates: Women in Media Reach Toward Newsroom Equality
- Kate Cole-Adams: Anaesthesia
- The Future of Science Writing
- First Dog on the Moon’s Guide to Living Through the Impending Apocalypse
- Yrsa Daley-Ward: bone
- Meet the SMH Best Young Australian Novelists
- The Gig Economy: Today’s Hungry Mile?
- Return of the Big Black Thing
- Rosie Waterland: Every Lie I've Ever Told
- Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o: Wrestling with the Devil
- An Evolving Crisis: Rohingya in Myanmar
- Claire Higgins: Asylum By Boat
- Jacqui Lambie: Rebel With a Cause