Carriageworks is located in Wilson Street Eveleigh, and is accessible by the following modes of transport:
Carriageworks is an eight-minute walk from Redfern Station. Macdonaldtown Station is a 10-minute walk away; it is situated on the Inner West line. Newtown Station on King Street is a 15-minute walk directly along Wilson Street; it is also situated on the Inner West line.
The closest city-bound stop is on City Road (at the University of Sydney); the closest west-bound stop is City Road (before Butlin Avenue); both a five minute walk away. These stops are serviced by bus routes 352, 370, 422, 423, 426, 428, L23, L28, M30, N10, N30, and N40.
The parking and taxi entrance is at 229 Wilson Street, corner of Queen Street. There are 80 car spaces available on-site at Carriageworks. Street parking is limited. Unrestricted on-street parking is available in the evening on the southern side of Wilson Street, between Golden Grove and Ivy Street. There are also a small number of unrestricted spaces on Forbes Street.
There are bike lanes on surrounding streets, and plenty of bike racks on site.
Events At This Venue
- EDMUND. THE BEGINNING (Wednesday)
- John Dickson: A Doubter’s Guide to Jesus
- Drawing the Line: The Ethics of True Crime Writing
- Johann Hari: Lost Connections
- Can Children’s Stories Save the World?
- Romance Was Born: A Love Story with Fashion
- EDMUND. THE BEGINNING (Thursday)
- Toby Walsh: It's Alive!
- Zack McDermott: Gorilla and the Bird
- Stanley Johnson: Kompromat
- André Aciman: Enigma Variations
- Sympathy for the Devil
- EDMUND. THE BEGINNING (Friday)
- Zinzi Clemmons: What We Lose
- Marcia Langton: Welcome to Country
- Jenny Zhang: Sour Heart
- The Politics of Empathy
- Michael Brooks: The Quantum Astrologer’s Handbook
- EDMUND. THE BEGINNING (Saturday)
- Levi Pinfold: Illustrating Harry Potter
- Chris Riddell and A.F. Harrold Bring Quirky Tales to Life
- Bab Sharkey and the Animal Mummies
- Illustrator Battle Rounds
- The Mr Chicken and Old Tom Draw Off with Leigh Hobbs