Carriageworks is located in Wilson Street Eveleigh, and is accessible by the following modes of transport:
Carriageworks is an eight-minute walk from Redfern Station. Macdonaldtown Station is a 10-minute walk away; it is situated on the Inner West line. Newtown Station on King Street is a 15-minute walk directly along Wilson Street; it is also situated on the Inner West line.
The closest city-bound stop is on City Road (at the University of Sydney); the closest west-bound stop is City Road (before Butlin Avenue); both a five minute walk away. These stops are serviced by bus routes 352, 370, 422, 423, 426, 428, L23, L28, M30, N10, N30, and N40.
The parking and taxi entrance is at 229 Wilson Street, corner of Queen Street. There are 80 car spaces available on-site at Carriageworks. Street parking is limited. Unrestricted on-street parking is available in the evening on the southern side of Wilson Street, between Golden Grove and Ivy Street. There are also a small number of unrestricted spaces on Forbes Street.
There are bike lanes on surrounding streets, and plenty of bike racks on site.
Events At This Venue
- Go Gentle
- Tara Westover: Educated
- Christine Milne: An Activist Life
- Commonwealth Now: End of Empire
- Axiomatic: Maria Tumarkin
- The Full Catastrophe
- Story Club
- Hugh Mackay: Australia Reimagined
- Kim Scott: Taboo
- Eddie Ayres: Danger Music
- André Aciman: Enigma Variations
- Amy Bloom: White Houses
- Richard Lloyd Parry: Ghosts of the Tsunami
- Still Processing
- Pretty for an Aboriginal
- Sarah Krasnostein: The Trauma Cleaner
- Marcia Langton: Welcome to Country
- Francisco Cantú: The Line Becomes a River - EVENT CANCELLED
- Gabriel Tallent: My Absolute Darling
- My Feminism Will Be Intersectional Or It Will Be Bullshit
- Gay For Page
- People of Letters
- Michelle de Kretser: The Life to Come
- Ben Taub: Covering a Crisis
- Alexis Okeowo: A Moonless, Starless Sky
- Carmen Maria Machado: Her Body and Other Parties
- Anne Aly: Finding My Place