National Science Week may be over, but there’s still lots for little minds to explore and discover, from fun experiments you can do at home to science trivia with the whole family and interactive adventures. There’s online storytimes and games to play too! For more ideas, revisit Part 5 of our 'Fun Activities for Kids' series.
- Tonight (Friday 27 August), test your science knowledge with trivia for the whole family, from the Australian Museum.
- Journey along this interactive trail to "spark your inner scientist".
- Take an adventure through Sydney’s swamps and scrublands and meet the many animals that live there in this interactive adventure from Greater Sydney Parklands.
- See the many experiments you can do at home with this DIY science list.
- Learn about echidnas with Sydney Science Festival Ambassador Corey Tutt in this video from Deadly Science.
- Make your own scratchback painting or boxcar with these make-and-do videos or go back in time to learn about key moments in Australian history with animated sketches from the National Museum of Australia.
- Watch actress Pia Miranda read the hilarious kids book Bin Chicken, from the Sydney Opera House.
- The State Library of NSW has launched Storytime Online, featuring a children’s book author or illustrator reading a book live to kids each month.
- Allen & Unwin has a range of downloadable activities for kids, including from “full-time word nerd” David Astle, the wonderful world of Tashi and the vibrant Story Doctors by Boori Monty Pryor.