Yassmin Abdel-Magied is a mechanical engineer, social advocate, writer and 2015 Queensland Young Australian of the Year. She advocates for the empowerment of youth, women and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Born in Sudan, Yassmin and her family arrived in Australia when she was two. At age 16, Yassmin founded Youth Without Borders, an organisation that enables young people to work together to implement positive change within their communities and internationally. She is the author of Yassmin’s Story.
- Student Sessions: Mono or Multi-cultured?
- Secondary School Days: Chatswood
- Secondary School Days: City
- Student Sessions: Mono or Multi-cultured? (Parramatta)
- Secondary School Days: Parramatta
- All The Girls To The Front
- The Great Divide
- 25 Years of Looking For Alibrandi: Have a Say Day
- Fighting Hislam and Beyond Veiled Cliches
- Deliberate and Afraid of Nothing