Sydney Writers' Festival is the largest and most successful literary event in Australia and one of the largest in the world. Its annual turnover exceeds $2.4 million and attendances regularly reach 80,000.
The Festival's commitment to innovation, compelling programming, intellectual rigour, diversity and professionalism ensures its international stature. The Festival brings together authors of the very best contemporary fiction and writers of cutting-edge non-fiction, including some of the world's leading public intellectuals, scientists and journalists. With the finest literary writing at its core, the Festival's programming is driven by the ideas and issues that animate all forms of writing.
SWF is committed to giving back to the community by offering more than 50% of event free of charge. Companies, Trusts and Foundations play a vital role in the success of the Festival through their support and there are many benefits our Partners can gain from joining us:
- Targeting a diverse and discerning AB demographic
- An association with a high-profile and popular event of international standing
- A connection with writers, journalists and thinkers of the highest calibre
- Sending a positive message to stakeholders as the Festival meets CSR objectives on diversity through our engagement with children, disadvantaged schools, suburban regional programming and indigenous streams.
- Provides you with exclusive hospitality opportunities with world leaders in creative thinking
- Offers your clients and stakeholders access to innovation, creativity and knowledge in literature and thought leadership
- Exclusive networking opportunities with government, key stakeholders and business leaders
- Supporting a community initiative that is accessible, informative, fun and exciting
- Business to business and product promotion opportunities.
Partnering with us is widely acknowledged as a sophisticated marketing tool. We offer you the potential to add value to your business and inspire the creativity of your staff and stakeholders. We also offer the opportunity to market your product to our corporate supporters, government and a diverse and a discerning audience.
Our partnering opportunities are unique and varied. Each of our Partners has individual needs and we enjoy working closely with them, taking an individual and creative approach to ensure that partnerships meet set objectives and are, most importantly, rewarding. A full list of our partners is available here.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a Partner of the Festival we would love to hear from you, please contact Helen Johnstone, Head of Development on 02 9252 7729 or email